Once we give our life totally and completely to Jesus, we need to learn how to continue in that salvation every day. Write the verses that you think will help you, or a friend, continue their relationship with Jesus “after” salvation.
Look at the following sentences, (be careful, some are not what they seem). Write the verse it is under the proper symbol below. If it has to do with the vine or fruit, place the verse number under the grapes. If it is a command or about commandments place it under the scroll and Bible, if its a verse about loving one another put it under the hearts, but if it is a false teaching or a verse about being cast into the fire, write the sentence or the verse number under the picture of fire. (Example: verse 30 or sentence 10 [S-10] ). The first one is done for you.
1.I am the vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2.This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 3.Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes. 4.If you abide (live) in Me, and My words abide in you, then you can do whatever you want, when you want and never repent. 5.I am the vine and you are the branches, He who abides in Me and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6.Greater love has no man than this, than to lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do whatever I command you. 7.This is a commandment, that you treat others without respect or love. 8.If a man does not abide in Me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them and cast them into the fire and they are burned. 9.Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken to you.
10. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; continue in My love.
11. If you keep my commandments you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
12. Thou shall follow the crowd and whatever pleasure seems good to you; do it.
13. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine; neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
14. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
15. You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and ordained you that you should go and bring forth fruit and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
Write a paragraph each for the following:
1.In verse 2, what did Jesus mean when He said that every branch (Christian) will be purged/pruned that it will make more fruit? 2.Read verses 18 and 23. Does this relate to your walk with Jesus and your relationship to others? How does what Jesus said here help you? 3.Verse 26 talks about when the comforter comes. Who is the Comforter and who will He testify about?