Some good verses to share are verses 5 and 30 – 33. See if you can find more.
This is a good chapter to be acted out. The characters are: Jesus, the blind man, the parents, (a narrator to fill character spots for smaller groups), 1or 2 Pharisees, (if a large group add a few more Pharisees or the disciples).
For a challenge, let the older youth organize and write the chapter into a play.
Answer the following:
1.Did the blind man ask Jesus to heal him? 2.Why was the man born blind? 3.How did Jesus choose to heal this man? 4.What did Jesus tell the blind man to do afterward, and did he do it? 5.Did the blind man give a testimony of what Jesus did for him? In what verse can your answer be found?
6. Who verified that the man was blind from birth?
7. Who were the officials that were looking into the healing of this man?
8. Did the blind man testify before these officials about his healing or was he ashamed and scared to? What verses verify your answer?
9. In verse 27, what were the two questions the healed man asked the Pharisees?
10. In asking the second question, what was the healed man saying about himself?
11. What verses show the sincerity of the healed man’s belief after the Pharisees reviled him?
12. Did Jesus just forget about the blind man He healed after He heard how the Pharisees cast him out?
13. What question did Jesus ask the healed man?
14. Did the man confess his belief in Jesus?
15. What did Jesus say afterwards?
16. What did Jesus tell the Pharisees about their sight?