Salvation Book: There are several verses in this chapter pertaining to salvation, can you find them? Some you have heard and seen at sports events, some you may never have heard. Don't forget verse 36.
Order of Events, verses 1-21
These quotes are not in their proper order. Every fisherman must keep his equipment neat and in order. First write the number of the verse being quoted for each one; then place the verses in their proper order.
***should be double points for this one.***
1. Nicodemus asked Jesus, "How can these things be?"
2. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, "
3. "Most assuredly, I say to you, we speak what we know and testify what we have seen and you do not receive our witness."
4. There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.
5. Jesus answered: "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God."
6. "For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed."
7. "Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him."
8. "If I have told you earthly thing and you do not believe, how will you believe, if I tell you heavenly things?"
9. "But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."
10. "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."
11. "Do not marvel that I said to you, "You must be born again."
12. "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
13. "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up.
14 "..that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
15. "That which is born of the flesh is flesh and the which is born of the Spirit is spirit."
Answer the following questions for verses 22-36.
1. After Jesus finished talking with Nicodemus where did He and His disciples go?
2. Where was John the Baptist baptizing at?
3. Why did John baptize there?
4. There was a dispute among John's disciples and the Jews; what was it about?
5. Inverse 30 what did John say about himself and Jesus?
6. For 10 bonus points, explain in your own words what John meant by this saying.
7. John talks about those who receive the testimony of Jesus, what does their belief in Him certify?
8. He who has been sent by God speaks what?
9. The Father loves the Son, what has He given Him? And who is the Father; who is the Son?
10. What does the one who believes in God have?