Matthew Chapter 24
Jesus leaves the Temple with His disciples. As they were leaving, Jesus tells the disciples that the Temple would be destroyed. This prophesy was fulfilled in 70 AD, almost 46 years later by the Romans.
After leaving the Temple Jesus and His disciples are on the Mt. of Olives. The disciples ask Jesus to tell them about the future, when He will come again and what it will be like at the end of the age.
I think I've got things a little confused. Could you please put Jesus words in the correct order that He said them in verses 4-31?
1. "Then if anyone says to you 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There!' do not believe it."
2. "For many will come in My name saying 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many."
3. "For false christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders; so as to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
4. And Jesus answered and said to them; "Take heed that no one deceives you."
5. "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, (diseases) and earthquakes in various places."
6. "All these are the beginning of sorrows."
7. "Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many."
8. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."
9. "And many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another."
10. "But he who endures to the end will be saved."
11. "But woe to those who are pregnant and to those with nursing babies in those days!"
12. "For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be."
13. "Therefore, when you see the 'abomination of desolation' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whosoever reads, let him understand),
14. "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains."
15. "And pray that your flight be not in the winter, or on the Sabbath."
16. "And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes."
17. "Let him who is on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house.
18. "And unless those days were shortened, no flesh shall be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened."
19. "And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet."
20. "See, I told you beforehand."
21. "Therefore, if they say to you, 'Look, He is in the desert!' do not go out; or ' Look, He is in the inner rooms!' do not believe it."
**There are two missing verses in this section, what are they?
The Second Coming
22. "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken."
23. "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."
24. "For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be."
25. "For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together."
26. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."
Thank you for clearing that up for me. You're so smart. I think I can get the rest of it right---well, maybe you should check it out to be sure. If I'm wrong could you write it out correctly? You're such a good helper.
**Note: Someone could read the following sentences aloud, while the rest are checking in there Bible. Whoever raises their hand the fastest can read the verse correctly, or point out the errors and correct it.
1. Now, learn the parable from Noah's fig tree. When its branch has already become tender it will put forth angels of heaven and you will know that Ms. Summer is here.
2. So you also, when you see this ark you know that its near at the very waters.
3. Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things are fulfilled.
4. Heaven and earth will be grinding at the mill, but My words by no means will get away through the pass.
5. But as the days of a watch, so also will the Son of Man be.
6. But of the night and day no one knows, no not even the grinding mills of heaven, but my Father only.
7. Then two angels will be in the field, one will be in a fig tree, the other will be swimming.
8. For as the days before the field, they were eating and drinking, marrying and divorcing, until the day that Noah entered the wheat field.
9. Two horses will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken, and the other will worry.
10. Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.
11. But know this, that if the servant of the house had known what month the thief would come, he would have watched and allowed his house to be broken into.
12. Therefore, you also sleep, for the Son of Man is coming the day after tomorrow.
In verses 45-51 Jesus represents the Master, Christians represent His servants. Answer the following questions.
1. Who does the Master make ruler over his household?
2. Who are they to give food to?
3. What is the reward of the faithful servant for taking good care of his Good Master's household?
4. What does an evil servant say in his heart?
5. What does an evil servant do to his fellow servants?
6. What kind of behavior does an evil servant have?
7. What is the punishment when the Master suddenly comes back at an hour the evil servant wasn't expecting?
8. What did Jesus say in verse 44?
9. Who does the household represent?
The correct sentence sequence: 4. 2. 19. 5. 6. 9. 7. 10. 8. 13. 14. 17. 16. 11. 15. 12. 18. 1. 3. 20. 21.
Two missing verses are verses 9 and 12
The Second Coming
The correct sentence sequence: 24. 25. 22. 30. 31.
1. The faithful wise servant
2. Those to whom the master leaves them in charge of.
3. He will be made ruler of all his master's goods.
4. "My Master is delaying His coming.
5. Beats his servants.
6. Eats and drinks with the drunkards.
7. The master will come in a day when the servant is not looking for him and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
8. To be ready for you do not know the hour the Son of Man is coming.
9. Your neighbor, church members, family, whoever God brings into your life.